Police Officer - El Segundo, CA
- be a U.S. citizen
- possess a valid California Class C driver's license
- be at least 21 years of age at time of appointment
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must be fingerprinted for purposes of search of local, state, and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal records.
- Must be of good moral character, as determined by a thorough background investigation.
- Must be free of any felony convictions.
- Must be of proportional height to weight, be physically able to handle the rigorous duties of police work; possess normal hearing and color perception, minimum vision of 20/100 in each eye, correctable to 20/20.
- Smoking and/or the use of tobacco products on or off duty are prohibited as a condition of employment.
- Any visible tattoo(s), body art and/or body piercings are prohibited while performing department - Graduation from a California P.O.S.T. approved Regular Basic Course (academy) at the time of appointment or successful completion of the P.O.S.T. Basic Course Waiver examination process is required. Acceptance of a waiver is at the discretion of the Chief of Police. Candidates may qualify and test for the position while currently enrolled in a P.O.S.T. approved academy, but eligible list placement is conditional and contingent upon successful academy graduation.
- Previous law enforcement experience is highly desirable.
- written entrance exam
- oral interview
- polygraph test
- drug screening test
- background investigation
- medical examination
- physical agility test
- psychological test
HOW TO APPLY
Police Officer Trainee applications are accepted on a continuous basis with the City of El Segundo Human Resources Department, 350 Main Street, El Segundo, California, 90245. You can request an application by clicking here.
City of El Segundo Human Resources Department
350 Main Street
El Segundo, California, 90245
Telephone: Job Hotline (310) 524-2378
Web Site: El Segundo PD Recruitment
Return to the See Who Is Hiring page.