Campus Police Officer - Victorville, CA
September 16, 2016
$3,964.00 per month
- possess a valid driver's license and ability to qualify for District vehicle insurance coverage.
- possess any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by specialized course work in law enforcement and one (1) year of related experience. - possess valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate issued by an authorized agency.
- possess valid Basic POST Certificate or Module D Certificate.
- possess certificate of completion for Campus Law Enforcement Course.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered a candidate for this position, all materials required should be received in the Victor Valley College Office of Human Resources by the First Review Date. Application materials may be accepted after this date, however, if a file is not complete by the First Review Date, the application may not be considered by the Screening Committee.
You may check your status at any time by logging into Victor Valley College Online Application Site at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/vvc/ with your username and password.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all requested materials are received. All material included in the application packet become District property, will not be returned, and will not be copied.
All information qualifying an applicant for the position must be included on the Victor Valley College application. To assist the District in determining whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements, descriptions of an applicant's present and past job duties should include details pertinent to the position for which he/she is applying.
Applicants may be notified by email during any phase of this recruitment regarding status. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
Resumes will be accepted with applications. Please note that the information provided on the application must be complete and will be the only information used to determine qualifications for the position. Please take this requirement very seriously. If it is unclear whether an applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position from the application, that applicant will be disqualified.
It is not unusual for the District to receive hundreds of applications for a position. For this reason, it is advantageous to make the application as easy to review as possible.
Candidates wishing to apply for more than one position must apply for each position separately.
A complete file consists of all of the following:
1. Completed electronically signed Victor Valley College Classified application.
2. Copies of college transcripts showing college coursework. NOTE: Degrees must be from an accredited institution. It is the responsibility of the candidate to include U.S. evaluations of non-U.S. transcripts with their application.
3. Valid California state driver's license may be acquired within (30) thirty days of employment.
4. Valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate issued by an authorized agency. It must be obtained by the first day of employment (copy of certification or acknowledgment must accompany application).
5. Possession of valid Basic POST Certificate or Module D Certificate including updated Module D courses.
6. Certificate of completion for Campus Law Enforcement Course or the ability to obtain it within (2) two years of employment (copy of certification or acknowledgment must accompany application).
Victor Valley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Victor Valley College prohibits sexual harassment and assures that all employees will enjoy equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Employment acceptance or rejection shall be based on job-related qualifications.
To Apply http://apptrkr.com/863254
Victor Valley College
Web Site: http://www.vvc.edu
Return to the See Who Is Hiring page.