Patrol Deputy - Summit County, CO
Open - Continuously accepting applications
Depends on Qualifications
- be a U.S. citizen
- possess a valid driver's license
- be at least 21 years of age at time of hire
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- possess CO POST Certification
- vision must be correctable to 20/20
- written entrance exam
- oral interview
- polygraph test
- drug test
- background investigation
- medical examination
- psychological test
HOW TO APPLY
The Summit County Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications through June 13, 2012 for positions within our Operations (Patrol) Division. Testing is scheduled for June 20, 2012 in Breckenridge, CO.
For more than 150 years the Summit County Sheriff's Office has served and protected the citizens and visitors to one of the most beautiful places in the nation.
Located in Breckenridge, Colorado, the Summit County Sheriff's Office is comprised of more than 70 sworn and civilian personnel across five divisions.
With four ski resorts, two reservoirs, more than 600 square miles and a population that can go from 28,000 to 160,000 in a matter of hours; serving and protecting this mountain community is anything but ordinary.
Led by Sheriff John Minor, the Summit County Sheriff's Office offers a unique, rewarding and challenging law enforcement experience.
To be considered for this position applicants must:
1. Currently hold Colorado POST Certification or;
2. Be certified in another state and be able to challenge Colorado POST for certification or;
3. Be currently enrolled in a POST approved academy and will obtain POST Certification within 3 months of the testing date.
Please visit our website http://www.co.summit.co.us/ for more information and to download an application.
Deputy Robert M. Cornell
Summit County Sheriff's Office
501 N Park Ave
Breckenridge, CO 80424
Web Site: http://www.co.summit.co.us/index.aspx?nid=109
Return to the See Who Is Hiring page.