Police Officer - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- be a U.S. citizen
- possess a valid driver's license
- be at least 19 years of age
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- written entrance exam
- oral interview
- polygraph test
- drug screening test
- background investigation
- medical examination
- physical agility test
- psychological test
- swimn test
HOW TO APPLY
The first three phases of the hiring process are as follows
1. For Police Officer candidates, go to the Institute of Public Safety at Broward Community College to take your written and physical agility test. You should read the Testing Center Information Booklet first. Click here for additional CJBAT testing locations.
2. Once you have taken and passed your swim test, physical agility test and the CJBAT written exam, fill out an Employment Application.
3. Finally, submit your test results, application and all pertinent documents to the Human Resources Department at Fort Lauderdale City Hall. Once we have reviewed your documents, we will guide you through the remainder of the process.
Fort Lauderdale Police Department
1300 W. Broward Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Telephone: 954 828-FLPD
Web Site: Fort Lauderdale Police Department
Return to the See Who Is Hiring page.