- be a U.S. citizen
- possess a valid driver's license
- be at least 21 years of age
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- written entrance exam
- oral interview
- truth verification test
- drug screening test
- background investigation
- medical examination
- physical agility test
- psychological test
HOW TO APPLY
Individuals wishing to apply for the position of police officer with the City of Margate are required to successfully complete the following:
1. The Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT), administered by the Institute of Public Safety at Broward Community College. The score is valid for two years.
2. C.J.I. Motor skills test (good for six months)
3. C.J.I. Swimming test (good indefinitely)
These test results must be submitted with a completed City of Margate application for police officer.
Margate Police Department
5790 Margate Blvd
Margate, Florida 33063
Telephone: Melinda Smith, Personnel and Training, at (954) 935-5447
Web Site: http://www.margatefl.com/215/Police
Return to the See Who Is Hiring page.