Police Officer - Newark, OH
$17.27 per hour
- be a U.S. citizen
- possess a valid driver's license
- be at least 21 years of age
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- be POST certified
- vision correctable to 20/20
- written entrance exam
- oral interview
- drug screening test
- background investigation
- medical examination
- physical agility test
- psychological test
HOW TO APPLY
The Newark Division of Police is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The below listed steps will be followed for every employment candidate being given consideration.
1. Successfully pass (70% minimum) the National Testing Network Law Enforcement Officer Test and complete NTN Personal History Questionnaire
2. Complete an agency application for employment
3. Pass the agency’s physical abilities test, scheduled for mid February 2016.
4. Initial Background Investigation (including, Criminal History, Driving Record and Credit Check)
5. Panel/Oral board Interview
6. Complete background investigation
7. Computer Voice Stress Analysis (CVSA) truth verification examination
8. Final Interview
9. If conditional offer is extended:
a. Complete a physical examination and drug screening
b. Complete a psychological evaluation
The City of Newark requires the candidate PHQ. You can access the questionnaire through your candidate NTN account. NTN suggest completing the PHQ as soon as possible to not cause any delays in consideration by the department.
To apply and sign up for pre-employment testing, go to http://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com and click on LAW ENFORCEMENT JOBS. Select the department and read over all the requirements and if qualified, select a testing location and a time and date for testing. For questions concerning the testing process, please contact NTN Customer Support at 866-563-3882.
City of Newark
39 South Fourth St.
Newark, OH 43055
Web Site: www.newarkohio.net
Return to the See Who Is Hiring page.