Police Officer - Choctaw, OK
March 31, 2016
$36,190 - Certified
- be a U.S. citizen
- possess a valid Oklahoma driver's license
- be at least 21 years of age
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- be POST certified
- absolutely no felony convictions
- No convictions for crimes of moral turpitude or domestic violence
- Valid Oklahoma insurance security verification
- No DUI convictions
- Good moral character
- written entrance exam
- oral interview
- polygraph test
- drug screening test
- background investigation
- medical examination
- must pass physical testing consisting of 1.5 mile run under 15 minutes, 18 pushups in 60 seconds and 27 sit ups in 60 seconds
- psychological test
- passing score on CLEET physical standards test
- passing score on written test
- passing score on MMPI
- FBI and OSBI fingerprint clearance
- must pass Police Pension Physical
- must be able to qualify with service weapon
- must be willing to work nights, weekends and/or holidays
- have a strong desire to serve the community
HOW TO APPLY
Applications may be picked up at the Choctaw Police Department, 13240 NE 23rd Street or Choctaw City Hall, located at 2500 N. Choctaw Road. Applications can be downloaded from the City of Choctaw website www.choctawcity.org.
Applications must be turned into the Police Department located at 13240 NE 23rd, before 5pm on Thursday, March 31, 2016. Written and physical testing will be on Friday April 8th. Selected applicants will be notified of times. Additional questions please call 405-769-3821.
Preference may be given to CLEET certified applicants, will consider uncertified applicants.
The City of Choctaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Choctaw Police Dept.
13240 NE 23rd Street
Choctaw, Oklahoma 73020
Telephone: 405-769-3821, Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Return to the See Who Is Hiring page.