Police Officer - Salem, OR
$26.88 per hour
- be a U.S. citizen
- possess a valid driver's license
- be at least 21 years of age
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- vision must be Oregon minimum standards
- written entrance exam
- oral interview
- polygraph exam
- drug screening test
- background investigation
- medical examination
- physical agility test
- psychological test
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants must:
1. Fill out an online City application at the City's website-- https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cityofsalem/jobs/1376516/police-officer
2. Attach a cover letter and resume to the application at the City's website.
3. Take FrontLine National Test by selecting City of Salem under Law Enforcement jobs at NTN's jobs listing. If you already have a valid and current test (taken within the last 12 months), you may submit it instead of taking NTN again.
4. Take ORPAT and submit your results to City of Salem by following application instructions on NTN's website. If you already have a valid and current ORPAT score (taken within the last 6 months), you may submit it instead of taking ORPAT again.
Out of state candidates: If you have a valid and current PAT test from another State, you may submit your score, however, you will have to pass ORPAT as part of acquiring your Oregon DPSST certificate at the Academy once hired.
To sign up for pre-employment testing, go to http://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com and click on LAW ENFORCEMENT JOBS. Select the department and read over all the requirements and if qualified, select a testing location and a time and date for testing on the website calendar. For questions concerning the testing process, please contact NTN Customer Support at 866-563-3882.
Salem Police Department
555 Liberty St SE
Salem, OR 97301
Web Site: www.nationaltestingnetwork.com
Return to the See Who Is Hiring page.