Police Officer - Brownsville, TX
- be a U.S. citizen
- possess a valid driver's license
- be at least 21 years of age and have not reached their 45th birthday
- be at least 18 years of age and have an associates degree or 60 semester credit hours or 24 months of active military experience with an honorable discharge
- possess a high school diploma
- possess a GED and 12 college hours with a minimum of 2.0 GPA
- written entrance exam
- oral interview
- drug screening test
- background investigation
- medical examination
- physical agility test
- psychological test
HOW TO APPLY
Submit Police department web form to be notificied of upcoming exam dates: http://www.brownsvillepd.com/job-opportunities"
Applicants must sign-up at the Office of the Director of Civil Service, Carlos C. Ayala Jr., at 1001 East Elizabeth St. (City Hall 2nd Floor), Brownsville, Texas 78520, A drivers license or other photographic identification must be presented when signing the application roster. Applicants wanting to sign up for the examination who cannot appear in person must send the following to the office of the Civil Service Director at the above address:
- A signed letter requesting to be included on the sign-up roster for the examination to be given on scheduled date;
- A copy of you current drivers license AND Social Security Card;
- Your current address and telephone number.
Five days after sending the letter call the Office of the Director of Civil Service at (956) 548-6007 to confirm your request has been received. At this time you will be given your sign-up number, test site location and study guide information.
BROWNSVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT
600 EAST JACKSON STREET
BROWNSVILLE, TEXAS 78520
Telephone: (956) 548-7000
Web Site: http://hr.cob.us/839/Employment-Opportunities
Return to the See Who Is Hiring page.