Lake Patrolman/Peace Officer - Brownwood, TX
January 13, 2017
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED; and 12 College Hours
- Possess a TCOLE Peace Officer Certification or higher
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in boat operations
- Copy of DD214 showing Honorable Discharge or equivalent if applicant has served in the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Must have never been convicted of any crime higher than a Class B misdemeanor or it's out of state equivalent.
- Must not have been convicted of a Class B misdemeanor within the past ten years.
- Must have never been convicted of any level of offense of family violence.
- Must not be currently under investigation for any criminal offense that could result in the suspension or revocation of TCOLE license.
- Must be legally able to own and possess firearms and ammunition.
- Applicant must provide documentation showing most recent satisfactory demonstration of firearm proficiency with a handgun.
- oral interview
- drug screening test
- background investigation
- Completion of 90 day probationary period
- Completion of a TX Parks and Wildlife approved Boater's Safety Course.
- Completion of TX Parks and Wildlife Marine Safety Enforcement Officer (MSEO) course.
- Establishing residency within a thirty minute response time of the Lake Patrol Office at the Lake Brownwood Dam.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications may be picked up in person at the Lake Patrol Office, 550 Spillway Rd, Brownwood, Texas, or at the District Main Office, 501 E. Baker St, Brownwood, Texas. Applications may also be emailed to interested persons. Contact Chief T. Henderson at (325) 642-1666 or Lt. T. Weathermon at (325) 642-0962 to request applications via email.
Completed applications will be accepted through 5:00PM on Friday, January 13, 2017. The successful applicant can expect a tentative start date of Thursday, February 02, 2017.
Lt. Trey Weathermon
BCWID #1 Lake Patrol - Lake Brownwood
501 E. Baker St
Brownwood, TX 76801
Web Site: http://www.bcwid.org/lake-patrol.html
Return to the See Who Is Hiring page.