- be a U.S. citizen
- possess a valid driver's license
- be at least 21- 44 years of age
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- possess sixty (60) semester hours from an accredited college or university
- possess two years military service with an honorable discharge
- have five years of previous law enforcement experience
- polygraph test
- drug screening test
- background investigation
- medical examination
- physical agility test
- psychological test
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply online by visiting their recruitment website.
Houston Police Officers enjoy a Competitive Salary and Benefits Package, including Paid Time Off (PTO) and an Educational Incentive Pay. In addition, medical, dental, and retirement plans are available.
Human Resources Division - Recruiting Unit
Houston Police Department
1200 Travis Street, 13th Floor
Houston, Texas 77002
Telephone: 713 308-1300 or 1-800-252-0473
Web Site: Houston PD Recruitment
Return to the See Who Is Hiring page.