Police Officer - Tomah, WI
Building an Eligibility Listbr />
- be a U.S. citizen
- possess a valid WI driver's license
- be at least 18 years of age
- must possess a minimum of 60 semester hours/credits from an accredited institution of higher learning
- be POST certified
- vision corrected to 20/20
- must be of good moral character as determined by a psychological evaluation
- Preference is given to those possessing a Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board certification.
- No felony or domestic abuse related convictions.
- written entrance exam
- oral interview
- drug screening test
- background investigation
- medical examination
- physical agility test (see info below)
- psychological test
HOW TO APPLY
** WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING applications for a Full-Time Police Officer (Eligibility List) at this time. Applications must be received in person or by mail. An electronic submission of your application packet will not be accepted. **
Applications for employment may be made to:
Lieutenant Ron Waddell or Lieutenant Scott Holum
Tomah Police Department
805 Superior Avenue
Tomah, WI 54660
(608) 374-7407 // (608) 374-7409
Applicants must submit a comprehensive letter of application, a current resume, a DJ-LE-330, and provide the additional information as noted on page two of the application packet. APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED FOR ADVERTISED VACANCIES ONLY! Applications are screened and those who appear to meet the minimum requirements will be invited to take a physical fitness exam. Those applicants who successfully complete the fitness test will be required to successfully complete the following steps:
- A written test.
- A Personnel Evaluation Performance test.
- An oral interview with the members of the Police Department Staff.
- An oral interview with Police and Fire Commission.
- A comprehensive background investigation.
- A psychological and medical examination, to include a drug screen. This step is performed after a conditional offer of employment has been made.
- A 12 month probationary period is required for new applicants. This may be extended if needed.
PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST REQUIREMENTS
The physical fitness test is conducted as a pass or fail test. To advance through the fitness testing, you must pass each test. If you do not pass the fitness test, you will not be invited to take the written test or the PEP test that follows. The following is the minimum requirements required to receive a passing score:
- Vertical Jump: 15.5"
- One (1) Minute Sit-Up: 30 Reps
- 300 Meter Run: 66 Seconds
- One (1) Minute Push-Up: 25 Reps
- One and One-Half (1.5) Mile Run: 15:54 Minutes
* All testing is provided at no expense to the applicant, however, travel expenses are not reimbursable or covered. Any step in the process may eliminate an applicant. Completion of all steps does not guarantee employment. The Tomah Police Department is committed to conducting a fair and non-biased employment process.
** The Tomah Police Department is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER **
TLt. Scott Holum
Tomah Police Department
805 Superior Ave
Tomah WI 54660
Web Site: WWW.TOMAHPOLICE.COM
Return to the See Who Is Hiring page.